G17 was established in 2009 and provides an all round affordable I.T package
G17 is run by me, Adam Cusack. G17 is a sole trade company and provides I.T solutions for domestic and small businesses around Mid Wales. G17 was started out of the need to turn favours for computing support into something more professional to meet a growing demand for affordable I.T services in rural areas.
I have over 25 years experience in the I.T and telecoms sector working for the largest telecoms provider in the UK.
G17 sets out to provide an industry standard I.T service to domestic and small business customers at affordable prices.
G17 also provides support and time to the local community, voluntary organisations, clubs etc in the form of technical support, services, sponsorship and education.
G17 loves solving problems. With customers in rural locations there are always problems to solve.
G17 does not offer support contracts. Our aim is to provide you with all the training you need to be able to run your I.T installation without the need for expensive support contracts. We are of course always on hand to assist you with any problems you may have.
Most of G17's work is on customer premises ranging from Domestic, Retail and Industrial. We value our own H&S and that of others we come in contact with. G17 will carry out a full Risk Assessment of all area's where work is expected and where possible G17 will ask to meet with the on site H&S representative to ensure the environments hazards are made clear to us. Pets - G17 appreciates domestic visits will mean encounters with pets. Please keep any pets under control while G17 or any representative of G17 are on your premises.
All pat testing work will be carried out according to the Institute of Electrical Engineers (IEE) Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. Previous records of tests if available should be made available to G17 before testing begins. A competent person shall be provided by the customer to meet with G17 to advise on any site safety information needed and any potential hazards when working at the customer's premises and to also ensure the availability of appliances for pat testing. G17 accepts no liability for injury, loss or damage for appliances that are not made available or are inaccessible during the agreed pat test/inspection period. The customer shall ensure that any critical information or data has been protected/backed up prior to the start of inspection and testing. G17 provides insurance cover for public liability. No liability is accepted for business interruption, loss of data or business information, losses to business related services or loss to business profits. G17 accepts no liability for injury, loss or damage for appliances that are found to be faulty before or after testing. All testing is carried out solely at the appliance owner's risk. Payment is due within 30 days from date of invoice. The ownership of test results remains the property of G17 until all invoices are paid in full.
Terms & Conditions
1. Authorisation The client authorizes G17 to conduct an evaluation of the machine to determine the nature of the damage / fault and provide an estimate of repair cost and tuning. The evaluation is free and no work beyond this evaluation will be charged (other than travel time if the evaluation is on customer premises), without explicit client approval. The client authorises G17 to receive and transport this media/equipment/data to and from their facilities.
2. Legal Rights The client is the legal owner or authorised representative of the legal owner of the property and all data and components contained therein sent to; or handed over to G17. Any property left with G17 unclaimed for 90 days, will be disposed. At which time, G17 shall have no liability to the client or any third party.
3. Limited Liability G17 shall not be liable for any claims regarding the physical functioning of equipment/media or the condition or existence of data on storage media supplied before, during or after service. In no event will G17 be liable for any damage to laptops/desktop, loss of data, loss of revenue or profits, or any special, incidental, contingent, or consequential damages, however caused, before, during or after service even if G17 has been advised of the possibility of damages or loss to persons or property. G17 liability of any land with respect to the services, including any negligence on its part, shall be limited to the contract price for the services. The client and G17 agree that the sole and exclusive remedy for unsatisfactory work or data shall be, at G17 option, additional attempts by G17 to recover satisfactory data or refund of the amount paid by the client. The parties acknowledge that the price of G17 services would be much greater if G17 undertook more extensive liability. The client is aware of the inherent risks of injury and property damage involved in laptop/desktop repair, including without limitation, risks due to destruction or damage to the machine, media, or data and inability to repair the machine or recover data, including those that may result from the negligence of G17, and assumes any and all known risks of injury and property damage that may results.
4. Confidentiality G17 agrees not to disclose any and all information or data files supplied with, stored on, or recovered from client's equipment except to employees or agents of G17 subject to confidentiality agreements or as required by law.
5. Payment Payment is due in full upon completion of successful repair, provision, support prior to release of the repaired machine (whether shipped, or picked up), unless by special previous arrangement.
6. Warranty 30 days warranty on laptops/desktops that G17 has repaired. G17 makes no warranty on data, express or implied, and G17 disclaims any data warranty of any kind. No fix, no fee policy G17 no fix no fee policy means that if G17 does not possess the necessary technical knowledge or ability to resolve the problem or effect the repair, then no charge is made to the customer, apart from a small diagnoses fee of £15 and any travel costs. If G17 is able to resolve the problem or affect the repair, but is only prevented from doing so by the customer requesting G17 not to proceed with the work, then the customer is charged for G17's time spent to that point - i.e. a minimum of 1 hour. If G17 is able to resolve the problem or effect the repair, but is only prevented from doing so because the customer does not possess the required (spare) parts, software CD-ROM or Product Key, then the customer is charged for the time spent to that point - i.e. a minimum of 1 hour. So - If G17 provides a clear and precise diagnosis of a failed component and the customer decides not to proceed with the replacement of the component, then the customer is charged for the time spent to that point - i.e. a minimum of 1 hour plus any travel.
Forensics - Lost Passwords & Security
A part of G17's service include some forensics such as resetting lost passwords, finding deleted files and photos etc. G17 assumes that the client is the legal owner or acts on the legal owner’s permission to reset or work on any areas around the security and content of any submitted equipment. Should G17 suspect for example, that the equipment is stolen, then G17 will refuse to carry out any work on such equipment. If during the course of any work that is being carried on the equipment G17 suspects it is stolen or contains illegal material then G17 will stop work and as required by law present data / equipment to the appropriate authorities for further investigations. Due to the nature of any forensics carried out G17 will have a pretty good idea if something has been stolen - it will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
Agreement to T&C
The above are terms of a legal agreement between you and G17. By accessing, browsing and/or using anything on this site and the server it's hosted on, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations when engaging in G17.